Join Our Team
Working for Socorro Electric is a great opportunity to serve your community and develop a career.
We are a private utility owned by the members/consumers we serve. While deeply rooted in traditional values, the Cooperative is constantly striving to meet the growing needs of our members/consumers through innovative technology and a service-oriented staff. We have a special appreciation for people willing to commit to teamwork and quality service.
The Cooperative offers competitive pay benefits and provides great educational development opportunities. As an equal opportunity employer, we aim to provide a work environment for employees that fosters fairness, equity, and respect for social and cultural diversity and that is free from unlawful discrimination and harassment.
Applications and Job Descriptions can be obtained by calling: Human Resource Manager 575-835-0560 x 1001, or by e-mail to email@example.com
Socorro Electric Cooperative (SEC) currently has openings for 3 positions.
One position is for an Apprentice Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) Technician with a starting pay of $17.67/hour.
The other position is for a Journeyman Lineman (Class A CDL required) with a starting pay of $32.12/hour.
Here are some of the great benefits provided to all employees of SEC:
- 401(k) contribution, no match required
- Contribution to a Retirement & Security Plan, also known as a pension plan
- Vision and Dental Insurance at no cost to you and your dependents, after 90-days
- Co-pay Plan with a small deductible for Medical Insurance for you and your dependents after 60-days (a minor deduction is required depending on your coverage)
- 40 hours of sick leave after completing your first day on the job, with another 104 hours after the first full month, with accruing 8 hours each pay period after
- And so much more!